When choosing a bow for planting, you need to pay attention to many criteria. It is important that the variety or hybrid is not only fruitful, but also meets the taste, external qualities. Onion Centurion is valued for its medium size and pleasant taste. Details about the features of this hybrid can be found in this article.
Description onion grade Centurion
Onion Centurion was bred in Holland by a group of professional breeders and belongs to hybrids. Vegetative cycle two-year. For the first year, nigella is planted and seedlings are grown, and the following year, sevoka is planted and a turnip is obtained. The ripening period of medium early - just 90-110 days after planting, you can harvest.
The pulp is white, with a high content of juice
Onion head weight 90-100 g on average. The shape is elongated. The onion head has a narrow bottom, and the neck is thin, which greatly simplifies cleaning. The husk is golden brown, dry. The head is different density. The flesh is white, with a high content of juice. The taste is pleasant, versatile. This onion is suitable for fresh salads and for heat treatment. You can eat not only the head of this bow, but also feathers.Interesting! Onion Centurion is recommended for those who love small vegetable heads, because this hybrid is never big.
Hybrid CharacteristicsRead also these articles.
- How to dry apples
- Beet pulp (Beet pulp)
- How to get rid of rats in the hen house?
- When and what vaccinations do newborn piglets
The hybrid Centurion has certain qualities that distinguish it from many other types of onions.
Good seed germination and seed germination
- Good seed germination and seed germination.
- With the growth of the bow does not let the arrow.
- There is immunity to many diseases.
- Pests rarely settle on the Centurion's onions.
- Culture tolerates drought, plenty of rain, sudden changes in temperature.
- The harvest has commercial quality.
- Bow Centurion is suitable for long-term transportation.
- The yield per square meter planting comes to 4 kg.
- Long shelf life.
Preparation of onion centurion for planting
The site under the bow is chosen well lit, not swamped
Centurion hybrid onions can be grown in different climatic zones, because it easily adapts to the most diverse growing areas. The site under the bow is chosen well lit, not marshy, preferably on a hill or plain.Important! In the shade or partial shade to grow high-quality onions Centurion impossible. For normal development, it needs an abundance of sunlight.
Landing is carried out when the temperature in the street is within + 10 ... +15 degrees (mid-April). You can plant this bow and in the winter. In this case, landing is carried out in 2-3 weeks before strong, constant frosts.
The plot is first cleaned of weeds, then fertilized (with humus, droppings, minerals), reduce acidity, if necessary. After that, the earth is dug up on a full spade bayonet, leveled. Land for onions should be loose, light. If it is clay, then it is necessary to add peat, sand to it.
The onion head has a narrow bottom, and the neck is thin, which greatly simplifies cleaning
Planting a bow CenturionWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Roses Floribunda
- Why does not bloom Decembrist
- Masking of tomatoes in the greenhouse
- Proper care of cucumbers in the greenhouse
Onion sets Centurion for sowing can be purchased at a specialty store. Before planting, it is necessary to sort it out in order to exclude all onions that are damaged or sick. After this sevok need to sort by size. It will also need to be planted in size - first small, then medium and large.
Onions planted in rows. Before planting the land must be watered. Depths sevok on 3 cm, not more. Plant it should be so that the tail remained above the ground! The distance between sevka is 10-15 cm, and between rows - 20-30 cm. The onion is planted carefully, so that the small roots of the sevine do not get damaged, and then the soil is pressed around the onion so that they sit tightly in the ground.
Plant it should be so that the tail remained above the ground!Important! The weakest bow is left on the feather, because it will give a small head.
If the nipple is used for planting, but not for sevok, then you must first sow it thickly. When the first 2 feathers appear, the row is thinned. After the appearance of 4 feathers, the landing is thinned again. At this time between the bulbs there should be about 5 cm of free space, then a neat and beautiful sevok can grow.
For proper, even growth, the bow Centurion needs quality care.
- Watering is carried out as the soil is poured. You can not often water the onions, otherwise there will be rot. At the same time, without timely watering this onion will not be able to grow. If it's hot outside, watering is increasing, and if it rains regularly, you can stop it for a while. When the onion head begins to grow, watering is reduced, and 2-3 weeks before harvesting, it is stopped altogether, so that the underground part of the onion can mature.
Loosening the land is imperative
- Loosening the land is extremely necessary, otherwise the bulb under the ground will not develop normally. Land loosens after watering, rain. As this procedure is carried out, all weeds are harvested.
- Top dressing can be carried out by minerals or organic. Nitrogen substances for the most part contribute in the spring. Phosphorus and potassium are added to the earth as the head develops. Whenever it is noticeable that the culture inhibits growth or fades, it begins to take on a painful appearance, it is necessary to apply fertilizer. High concentrations of dressings are not recommended. It is better to feed less and more often than at once to burn the root vegetable!
Harvesting and storage of the crop
Feed can be carried out with minerals or organic
Depending on the period of planting onions, the crop is harvested at different times. For example, if you plant sevka around mid-April, the crop can be harvested in the second half of July. And during the autumn planting, harvesting is carried out a few weeks earlier.
Centurion onions are collected only in dry weather. It is dug out and laid out on the ground, dried. After harvesting, the crop can be used for sale. If it was grown for its own needs, then it is sorted, packaged and placed in storage. Onion Centurion can be stored at room temperature for about six months. And if you make good conditions for it, create the right temperature (+3 degrees), humidity (60-80%), then it will lie for a whole year!
Reviews onion grade Centurion
Opinions of gardeners onion Centurion mostly positive.
- Anton Makarov: “It is not the first time that I plant a Centurion onion on the head. The onion is delicious, for any type of processing, and cleaned without problems. But in terms of growing, it’s not necessary every time. Last year it was ugly than ever - part of the harvest even I went for sale because I didn’t know where to put it, but just 3 years ago, there was almost no harvest - small heads, not a presentation, I don’t know what it depends on, maybe from the weather, but in terms of care, nothing has changed. "
- Natalya Stuzha: "Despite a long drought last summer, the Centurion onion grew and gave a good harvest. True, we watered it often, made additional feeding to increase resistance. In terms of taste, this is the best variety for me - not sharp and not sweet - the perfect middle "We keep our harvest in the basement, in nets. Onion has been laying for at least 6 months, but maybe more if we sort it out on time."
- Valentin Palmov: “For the third year I have planted Centurion onions, and he has never let me down. The time spent on planting, leaving pays off a great crop, even, beautiful heads. I think partly the reason is that this is a hybrid and, unfortunately, the seeds "No fruit is gathered from it. Still, I am satisfied with the onions. I always buy plantings for planting. The main thing is to properly prepare the soil and planting material itself, and the harvest will not take long to wait."