Rinda cabbage is considered one of the best for saucy and the most popular in the markets and in stores - it is sold everywhere, customers like it for its excellent taste, versatility of use. On the characteristics of the variety, the characteristics of its cultivation and storage will be discussed in the article.
Characteristic cabbage varieties Rinda
Cabbage Rinda - white cabbage average maturity. Heads can be plucked 85-90 days after transplanting seedlings to a permanent place or 100-110 days after emergence of shoots. The plant is powerful, requires a lot of space. Sheet rosette compact. Heads are usually smooth. The yield of 910 c / ha.
Has a big, trade dress, rounded heads weighing 3-8 kg
It has a large, salable, rounded heads weighing 3-8 kg. Color is light green. The inner leaves are usually almost white. Kocheryga hard, short. Wrapping leaves are good and dense, perfectly protect the head from mechanical damage.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Rind variety?
In order to better understand where the cabbage Rinda varieties received such popularity, it is worth considering all its advantages and disadvantages. Start with good features.
- Do not shoot. There is resistance to cracking. Even after reheating, the heads do not crack, and the commodity qualities of the cabbage remain on top.
- Heads of thick, high quality, excellent taste.
- Can be grown in different climatic conditions, Rinda cabbage grows almost anywhere.
- Use is universal.
- The quality of heads of cabbages is high, as well as transportability, so the brand is just perfect for selling.
- The harvest usually ripens amicably.
Heads of thick, high quality, excellent taste
In fact, there are only three drawbacks if we speak about common problems that each gardener can face.
- The lack of sunlight for cabbage varieties Rinda destructive. If the light is small, the heads will be small and underdeveloped.
- Thickened planting always leads to a decrease in yield, so you can not plant thick seedlings!
- Prolonged drought can lead to crop damage.
How to plant cabbage Rinda?Read also these articles.
- Variety of pepper Ratunda
- Pine Jam
- Nipple Drinkers for Rabbits
- The best varieties of onions, how to grow and care
Rinda cabbage is usually grown with a seedling method. Seedlings can be harvested from the beginning of April. Seedlings need good boxes, fertile land (you can buy in the store or take from the garden) and high-quality seeds. Once the ground has been laid in the boxes, the ridges are made up to 1 cm deep. Cabbage is sown in them, then it is sprinkled with earth, covered with film and put in a dark place. After sprouting the cabbage is opened and rearranged on the window sill. From time to time it can be fed with infusions of wood ash or weak solutions of mineral mixtures.
Rinda cabbage is usually grown by seedlings.
Planting seedlings only in sunny areas. In principle, the soil is not important if fertilizers are applied on time, but the acidity is preferably neutral, so alkali must be added to acidic soil. Fertilize the earth (ideal compost and peat), and correct the acidity in the fall. Landing usually occurs in May. At this time, seedlings should be 6-8 leaves.
Rinda cabbage is transplanted to a permanent place in the morning or in the evening. Landing plan 70h45 see 10 square meters. m. accounts for about 30-35 seedlings. Each sprout is planted in a separate hole with a depth of 20 cm. Before planting, the holes must be moistened and wait until the water is slightly absorbed so that there is dirt. Each sprout is planted separately, well sprinkled with earth, which must be slightly compacted by hand. After that, the plot is left for 5-7 days to cabbage well caught.
How to care for cabbage?
Care should be regular, otherwise the cabbages will not be able to fully develop.
The land around the plants every 3-5 days you need to loosen
- Land around the plants every 3-5 days to loosen. All weeds are removed, immediately, so as not to interfere with the growth of cabbage.
- Rinda cabbage needs abundant and frequent watering, especially since the plot where it grows is usually located in the sun. The land dries quickly, and the variety does not like drought much, so it is important to ensure that the soil is moist.
- Irrigation for cabbage is very important. It quickly absorbs moisture, so that once in 3-5 days it is worth watering it from a watering can directly on top of the heads.
- Fertilizing is initially carried out with nitrogen fertilizers, and around the beginning of summer, superphosphate can be added.
- After each watering, an earthing up is carried out, ideally, the leg of the plant should not be visible at all, but the outlet cannot be filled up!
Diseases and pestsWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Breed description Peking duck
- Gooseberry Diseases
- Red Scarlet Potatoes
- Bee family
Of the diseases should beware only downy mildew, keel and black leg. It is important to immediately note that ignoring diseases will not lead to anything good. Even if Rinda cabbage does not wither and does not deteriorate before harvesting, it will be stored for no more than a couple of weeks.
- From Kila, nothing will help. If a disease is noticed, the plant must be dug up and destroyed. Manifested in the form of white growths. Growth slows down and the plant gradually dies. Prevention is planting healthy seedlings on slightly acidic soil.
Kilya will not help anything
- Downy mildew is destroyed by a solution of Bordeaux mixture (500 ml / 1 l. Of water). Manifested in the form of brown spots. The affected leaflets curl and dry.
- The black leg is treated with Granosan (used according to the package instructions). Manifested in the form of black rot, which primarily affects the leg of Rinda cabbage, and then the whole plant and leads to his death.
Of the pests should be afraid of only aphids, cruciferous flea and cabbage leaves. Aphids are manifested in the form of drying leaves, their discoloration. Struggling with it with a solution of household soap (40 g / liter of water). Cruciferous flea and cabbage leaf beetle infect the leaves, holes appear in it. To get rid of them will help dusting plants with a mixture of tobacco and wood ash.
Harvesting and storing Rinda cabbage
Crop harvested around August-September, when the heads reach maximum sizes. Collect cabbage only in dry weather to facilitate the work and increase the shelf life of heads. Heads cut from the leg and fold separately.
Crop harvested around August-September
Rinda cabbage can be stored for about 2-4 months under proper conditions (cellar or cellar). If you just store it in the refrigerator, then the period is 1 month. Cabbage is kept in cut form for up to 1 week, then cabbage begins to deteriorate rapidly. To keep the cabbage for a long time, it is put in a dry, dark room in boxes, canvas bags, containers. The optimum temperature is -1 ... +2 degrees, and the humidity is 85%. About once every 1-2 months it is necessary to air the room, if there is no adjusted ventilation, otherwise the cabbage will begin to mold.
Rinda cabbage is used for the preparation of first, second courses, pickling, pickling, winter preservation, salads and fresh appetizers.